REASONS TO VISIT MYANMAR
- Changed to New Democratic Civilian Government in November 2015.
- Very easy access to get E-Visa on line and allow free Visa for Some Asian Countries (e.g. Thai, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia).
- Many New Hotels & Additional International Airlines are operating to Yangon.
- Many New International Standard Shopping Malls are opening.
- New Terminals opened for Yangon International Airport and Domestic Airport.
- Easy access for establishing a new Company as online registration system started since on 6th Jan 17.
- Easy access in Telecommunication established by Giant Companies like Ooredoo & Telenor.
- New Bus lines (YBS) are operating with new routes established by the new Government.
- Many opportunities for Meeting, Incentive, Ceremonies and Events (MICE).
After 2013, some of the new hotels are adding to the hotel list of Yangon in which we would like to mention some of the popular hotels in below.
In addition to the previous International Flights such as MAI, MI, MH, SQ, TG, QR, NOK Air, Air Asia, the following such as Jet Star, Tiger Air now Scoot Air (from Singapore), HK Express (Hong Kong), Viet Jet Air (Vietnam), Vietnam Airline, Bangladesh Airline, Korean Airline, Lion Air (Thailand), Asian Airline (Korea) and All Nippon Airline are now operating to/from Yangon Daily.
NEW DOMESTIC AIRLINES
Some new airlines added to the domestic airline industry are as follows:
- Golden Myanmar Airline,
- Mann Yadanarpon Airline,
- Asian Wings Airline,
- Myanmar National Airline,
- Apex Airline ,
- FMI Air
YBS (YANGON BUS SERVICE)
The new Government brought a new bus operation system “Yangon Bus Service” since 16th Jan 17. All the bus stops have road map sign board and therefore tourists can easily check and go to the place they want. Not all the buses are new as old buses are still running but will be withdrawn the old ones after importing new buses at the end of March & June 2017.
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS OF YANGON
In additional to the major highlights of the city such as Shwedagon, Karaweik Hall, Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda, Slue Pagoda, Botataung Pagoda National Museum and Colonial Buildings and Bogyoke Aung San (Scott) Market, the following places are recommended to visit.
- Currently open Yangon Night Market on Strand Road (Mainly food & fruit stalls)
- Bogyoke Aung San Museum (Not only you can study the life of Burma Independence leader General Aung San but also the style of colonial style house) entrance fee is just Ks 500 p/p.
- Gems Museum (Admission fee Ks 5000 p/p)
- U Thant Museum (House of late UN Secretary) Open only on Friday, Saturday & Sundays
- Martyr Mausoleum (ks 3000 p/p)
- Yangon University
- Inya Lake
- Kyauk Taw Gyi Pagoda & White Elephant
There are some new Giant shopping malls like “Junction Center” and “Myanmar Plaza” are opening in Yangon which are comparable with the malls in Thailand. Many restaurants like KFC Chicken & Manhattan Fish market, Japanese and Korean restaurants in addition to local food shops in those malls. If clients missed the chance to visit Scott Market (it closed on Mondays & Public Holiday) they can also visit to Cultural Valley in the People’s park in the western side of Shwedagon Pagoda. There many restaurants as well as souvenir shops in that Cultural Valley. Tawin Center and Junction Square are also our recommended shopping malls.
HIGHLIGHT DESTINATIONS OUT OF YANGON
- Thanlyin & National Tribal Village 21 km from Yangon
- Allied War Cemetery 32 km from Yangon
- Twantee (Pottery) and Village 24 km from Yangon
- Dala Village On the other side of Yangon (by ferry boat)
- Myaing Hay Wun Elephant Camp Over 2 hour drives from Yangon
- Moeyungyi Wetland Wildlife’s Sanctuary Over 2 hour drives from Yangon
- Bago (zone fee Ks 10000 p/p) 103 km from Yangon
- Kyaikhtiyo (Admission fee Ks 6000 p/p) 219 km from Yangon
- Ngwe Saung Beach & Elephant camps 244 km from Yangon
- Pyay (Ah Khauk Taung & Serikessara) 285 km from Yangon
- Mawlamyaing & Hpa-An Caves 315 km from Yangon
Remark: Now the roads conditions are better and therefore some are doing day return visit to Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock Pagoda) can do instead of overnight on the mountain.
Yangon in and around Day tours have been conducted by Real Treasure Travel by getting best recommendations from the clients. Please visit to our website for Yangon In and Around Tours at our day tour. Real Treasure Travel organizes not only day tours but also the visit to all the above destinations as well as other major destinations such as Bagan (one of the richest Archaeological site of South East Asia, Mandalay (the cultural city) and Inle Lake for pre or post tours.
Group activities can do such as “Walk with Yangon Heritage Trust Fund and Support”. (Yangon Walking Tour) operated by Yangon Heritage Trust Fund www.yangonheritagetrust.org. Today, all the colonial buildings in Yangon are renovatting by the Yangon Heritage Trust Fund under the leadership of The Chairman of Yangon Heritage Trust, Dr. Thant Myint-U, who is the grandson of “U Thant” former Secretary of United Nations. Details can be study under the mentioned website.
Yangon was included on the 2014 World Monuments Watch to raise awareness of the value of this historic urban landscape and the need to act quickly to launch a dialogue about its future.